Differential Service Includes:
2) Drain all fluids and contaminants, flush out differential, bearings and gears as best as possible.
3) Reseal differential cover where applicable.
4) Install new fluid with a performance additive that improves performance levels of Halvoine GL-5 and MIL-L2105c lubricates to GL-5 standards.
Removal of inspection plate, clean out contaminants of gears ( If Applicable) thoroughly clean and install new oil fortified with the shear stable lubricants.
The most common cause of front and rear axle failure is ferrous metal contamination that destroys seals, bearings and gears. These systems do not have any form of filtration to protect the system. Therefore regular Differential Service of the fluids is vital to maintain the systems operation. To maximize efficiency of the front and rear axles it is recommended to preform this differential service every 2 years or 48,000 km.The Car Salon Tire and Auto Center is here to help.
– Extends front & rear axle life. Promotes smooth and consistent operation. Reduces drive-train noises.
– The additive enhances thermal stability and provides superior protection for extreme pressure applications.
Your Vehicle Manufacturer Recommends Differential Fluid Changes.
As there is often not an easy, convenient and quick method for changing differential fluid, the service is often neglected. Such neglect can contribute to poor differential performance, premature wear, noise and even premature failure. As changing the used fluid in manual transmissions and transfer cases can be a similarly tedious process. Fluid changes are also often neglected, possibly leading to the same kinds of long term problems, including poor performance, premature wear and possible failure.
Many vehicle manufacturers recommend changing differential gear oil as often
as 25,000 Km’s to 50,000 Km’s, or sooner. Manufacturer’s recommendations may
vary. See your owners manual for your vehicle’s requirements.