Get your car verified before buying with The Car Salon
There is a huge market for used cars in Canada. However, you’re always in two minds about buying a used car because you never know what you’re going to end up with, a prize or a lemon. Buying a used car yourself from a buyer can be risky as you may not know what all to look for in your inspections. We’ve jotted down some essentials you absolutely need to check, but for a more detailed inspection before buying a used car we always recommend you check with the experts at The Car Salon.
How To Verify A Used Car Before Buying
1. Vehicle Identification Number: Each car has a vehicle identification number listed with it. If you’re in the market for a used car check the VIN numbers of the cars you’re thinking of purchasing. You can even download a report of the car’s history with a quick VIN search on Google. You’ll also need to have the VIN to ensure you can easily get insurance for your car. Make sure you don’t see anything in the vehicle history that might cause your insurance premiums to skyrocket.
2. Get Your Vehicle Inspected: You might not get all the information you wanted on the free VIN car history report. You might have to dig a little deeper to find out if there is something wrong with the car that could be a potential deal-breaker. The Car Salon provides excellent used car inspection at affordable prices to help you make the right decision at all times; this can also help you negotiate a better price for the car. When buying a used car take a test drive of the vehicle for sure so that you can see for yourself if there are any niggles and abnormalities when you’re driving around.
3. Verify Ownership: If you’re making a private sale then you have to verify the vehicle title or vehicle permit which is basically proof that the person selling the car actually owns it. You’ll also need the vehicle title to purchase car insurance so make sure all the documents are in order. The Car Salon can also help you with these mundane tasks while you buy a used car.
4. Loan Against Vehicle: Another important thing to keep in mind while buying a used car is to make sure there is no “Lien” against the car. If there is a lien it means that the previous owner has taken a loan against the vehicle and he hasn’t fully paid for it. If there is a lien and you do buy it, the bank could repossess the car in case the previous owner stops making the loan payments for the car.
5. Safety Standards Certificate: When buying a used car it is also a good idea to get a Safety Standards Certificate. The SSC implies that the car is safe to drive on the roads and has met the minimum criteria required at the MTO Licensed Inspection Offices. The safety standards certificate is also mandatory if you want to transfer ownership of your vehicle to get new license plates and registrations. The Inspection Station will carefully look at all the parameters needed to ensure your car is road safe like no leaking fluids, braking systems in checks, lights in check and so forth. You can also have your car inspected before buying it at The Car Salon. We have a host of pre-buying inspection checks that we perform.
While buying a used car make sure to keep an open mind and don’t let your opinions cloud your judgment. Be rational and look at the facts. Let the experts at The Car Salon give you a thoroughly detailed inspection report which can help you with negotiations while buying a car and also help you with the entire buying process. For more information on the buying process of used cars get in touch with The Car Salon today!