Our mechanics will look over your car. Then suggest what is needed to be done while doing a tune-up report. In the old days, you waited until your vehicle was in a “bad” state before you took it in for a tune-up.
The Car Salon in Calgary, AB does all kinds of mechanical tune ups. Our mechanics will look over your car. Then suggest what is needed to be done while doing a tune-up report. In the old days, you waited until your vehicle was in a “bad” state before you took it in for a tune-up. The term indicates the need for routine maintenance and should not be associated with poor performance. Manufacturers have developed recommended routine maintenance schedules, which specify intervals for replacing spark plugs, PCV valves, fuel filters etc. These schedules also specify intervals for checking or adjusting ignition timing, idle speed and other items related to engine operation, as well as emission-control related devices.
The longer you wait to have a tune up performed, the more your vehicle’s performance will decline resulting in a rough idle, poor gas mileage, and slowed acceleration.
While a tune-up focuses on servicing the ignition and fuel system, engine component malfunctions are also often discovered during a car tune-up. To keep your vehicle’s engine operating at a peak level of performance, schedule regular car tune-ups conducted by qualified, ASE-certified technicians.
At the Car Salon of Calgary, AB, we invest in the latest diagnostics and repair equipment to ensure our highly-trained team of technicians can perform auto repair services in a timely manner at an affordable price.
Electronic ignition tune-up includes:
- Replace spark plugs
- Adjust ignition timing, as required
- Adjust curb idle speed, as required
- Visually check emission-control related devices
- Visually inspect distributor cap and rotor, when accessible
Major tune-up also includes:
- Clean fuel injectors
- Clean ISC motor, as required
- Clean throttle body air intake
- Visually inspect fuel lines and fuel rail
- Pressure test fuel pump
- Visually inspect fuel pump, pressure regulator, vacuum line and connections
- Decarbonize intake manifold
- Decarbonize intake and exhaust valves
- Decarbonize combustion chamber and pistons
- Test exhaust emissions