Window Tinting Calgary
Automotive Window tinting at The Car Salon Films & Graphics division in Calgary.
We beat the Dealer Prices on Tint, PPF, Decals & Wraps!
We specialize in installing Xpel & Suntek solar control window tinting films and paint protection for cars, trucks, boats, and RVs. Our goal is to provide a resource for those individuals seeking the highest quality products, the most skillful, experienced installers, and the most advanced application methods in Calgary. Come in and experience our commitment to quality for yourself at The Car Salon.
Throughout our careers as window tint film professionals, we have worked with products from every major film manufacturer. At The Car Salon Tinting, we use the finest Suntek car tint films, as well as state-of-the-art computer cutting equipment to provide the best possible installation.
All the products we carry feature a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty and a durable, scratch-resistant coating. With several different shades to choose from, it is easy to find the right match for your needs. Feel free to visit our store in Calgary to see our film samples.
Finding the right company to apply your window film in Calgary is critical to have the best window tint around. At The Car Salon, doing the job right the first time is important as we strive for repeat customers.
With many Window Tinting shops in the Calgary area, it can sometimes be hard to know who you should go with. The Car Salon has 20+ years of experience applying automotive window tint.
In Alberta, windows can only block a limited amount of UV rays. This is because of the law regulating the visible light that is let in by the film. For information on limits of tint, please call 403.250.3722, as these limits vary per window and location on your car, truck, or SUV.
Xpel Window Film
Authorized Dealer Calgary
Xpel Automotive Window Films are Prime Time with Performance Redefined.
Automotive window tinting is no longer just about maintaining a low profile. Not only does XPEL PRIME look nice, it feels nice. It outperforms other types of films to maintain your safety and is the only lifelong transferable warranty supported by the manufacturer.
Why Use Ceramic Tint?
Using Ceramic Window Film reduces glare and protects you, your passengers, and your car’s interior from the sun’s roasting heat and damaging UV rays.
Ceramic Films offer a cooler interior, with cooler upholstery, and greater driving comfort. We offer only high-quality films installed by experienced technicians. Our films are guaranteed not to fade, bubble, peel or crack for as long as you own your car.
Xpel Window Tint Options
PRIME XR PLUS
Offering 98% infrared heat rejection thanks to multi-layer nanoparticle technology, PRIME XR PLUS automotive window tint combines a cool look with extreme performance. Let PRIME XR PLUS keep you comfortable and protected no matter the weather.
Utilizing a nano-ceramic construction, PRIME XR maintains the same flawless appearance and clarity throughout the years. Blocking up to 88% infrared heat rejection, PRIME XR will provide you with the level of performance you expect from a top-of-the line automotive window tint without breaking the bank.
Developed with a hybrid dyed metal construction, PRIME HP offers better heat rejection than traditional dyed films. Its enhanced reflective finish makes it a perfect blend of value and performance.
Protect yourself from 99% harmful cancer causing UV rays & achieve the privacy you desire with PRIME CS, the most color stable window tint film around.
More Expel Window Film Options
The next generation of high performing IR films developed specifically for the Chinese marketplace. XPEL PRIME X-Series goes beyond performance, it combines a level of security with an ultra-high infrared rejection film.
PRIME AP is specifically made to conform to the market demands in China by utilizing a unique blend of dyes & metal particles. PRIME AP is available in 15%, 30%, and 70% VLT, and backed by our lifetime transferable warranty.
XPEL PRIME GL is the ideal entry-level window tint for any vehicle. XPEL PRIME GL offers substantial heat rejection to keep you comfortable, as well as UV protection. Additionally PRIME GL’s neutral black finish looks great on any car!
Reasons for Window Tint
- Collision Safety
- Prevent Interior Fading
- Stop Glare
- Hide Valuables
- Look stylish.
- Collision Safety
- Prevent Interior Fading
- Stop Glare
- Hide Valuables
- Look stylish.
Window Tint Shades
SunTek’s High Performance Series
A tried and proven product. It has been an industry staple for years and offers both high quality and performance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A dyed metal, hybrid construction
- Charcoal, bronze, and blue options that will enhance the look of any vehicle
- Outstanding heat rejection and glare reduction for added comfort
- Excellent optical clarity
- Manufacturer’s lifetime limited warranty**
SunTek’s Standard Series
The Standard line of window tints offers both high quality and good protection.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Dyed charcoal construction
- A non-reflective interior and exterior appearance
- Good heat rejection, glare reduction, and UV protection
- Manufacturer’s three-year limited warranty*
SunTek’s Carbon Series
Provides outstanding results for customers looking for quality and performance.
- Innovative carbon technology
- Non-reflective, “black” finish
- Advanced UV protection
- No signal interference
- Manufacturer’s lifetime limited warranty* with protection against film fading
Have you ever taken a drive downtown on a slow, quiet day and had a terrible sense of being watched? Or worse … followed? Maybe it’s just all those films you’ve watched, but the reality is, bad things are happening in poor neighborhoods.
For this single reason, you might even consider tinting your vehicle … What you may not know, though, is all the other excellent reasons you want to tint.
- Hate getting into a hot vehicle and sweating on the way to work or seeing friends and family across the city? Even when parked straight out in the scorching summer sun, vehicle tint can keep your vehicle up to 60% cooler.
- Do you often drive in the sun without sunscreen on your arms or neck? Quality automotive tint blocks up to 99% of UV rays, so you’re not going to have to worry about skin cancer, natural skin damage, or accelerated aging.
- While the rising / setting sun shines directly through your windshield and into your eyes, do you ever discover driving difficult? Car tint prevents glare from the sun, snow, and even from the headlights at night.
Car Window Tinting
Find Professional Window Tinting Near Me in Calgary & the Surrounding Area. Allow the Car Salon to provide the custom shade you need!
Turn to us at the Car Salon for customized window tinting service that goes farther and beyond. In Calgary and the surrounding areas, our team handles car, truck, and boat window tinting as well as auto paint protection, vinyl signs, safety film, and simulated etched glass services. No matter what service you need, to create the custom tints you want, you can trust us to pay close attention to the details of your project.
There are two main window film types. They are metallic and non-metallic. They have metalized films with a silver “shine.” Some of them are very minimal, while others are more noticeable.
They continue to keep out much more heat and UV (ultraviolet light that’s what splits and destroys upholstery, dashboards, etc…) because they reflect back from the vehicle. Non-metalized films also hang on to heat and UV, but they do not have a bright “shine” and appear to them more “flat.”
You will be shown all the unique shades and degrees of tinting when you arrive in for your appointment. We’re going to clarify all the regulations and create suggestions depending on the color and years of your car. With knowledge of what looks flattering on your vehicle. We carry the most common shades, but we do not normally stock other shade of films (silver, red, etc.)
Window Tint Care after Install
- Rolling Windows Down: We recommend that you leave your windows up for 48 hours (2 days) after they are tinted. This will allow the film time to adhere to the glass so it will not peel when it is finally rolled down.
- Drying time: For the first few days after your windows are tinted they will be cloudy, hazy, and you may see little water pockets forming in the tint. This is normal! When windows are tinted, the squeegee can only remove a certain amount of water from between the film, and the glass. As the film dries, the remaining water will form little pockets. These will simply evaporate and go away by themselves. The amount of time before your new tint will be totally dry is determined by the amount of sunlight it gets. If it’s cloudy and overcast outside, it will take longer, if it’s hot and sunny, then the film dries very quickly.
- Cleaning: After your windows are tinted, you need to wait a couple of days to clean them. Basically, you do not want to risk pulling the tint loose, before it has a chance to dry. Once your vehicle has been tinted the windows will have been lightly wiped down, but will probably need proper cleaning. A soft paper towel and any non-ammonia cleaner (do not use the blue “Windex with ammonia D”, or any blue colored cleaners because they usually have ammonia in them). You can use Vinegar Windex (Green), or any of the citrus Windex. There are other cleaners made specifically for tinted windows such as Eagle One’s 20/20. which are very good. In addition, you can use soap and water, vinegar and water, or really anything without ammonia or abrasives
- Seat Belt Chips: Care should be used when exiting the car, and removing the seat belt. In some cars, the seat belt will “snap” into the glass and cause little chips in the window film. This is not covered in the warranty!
- Dot Matrix Issues: Most modern vehicles have a black ceramic dotted edge around them, as well as at the top of the rear window. Window film, as a rule, does not stick to this. the dots hold the film away from the glass causing a “whitish” look after the film has dried, you can simply take a finger and run around the edge on the inside. Most of the time this will press the air out. At the top of the rear glass, the dots are much thicker, and in most cases, the window film will be cut back off of these. This is to make sure the film has actual glass to stick to, rather than ceramic. On some vehicles, this may be bothersome to have the top couple inches not tinted. There is a way to black the area out after the film has totally dried. Give us a call for details at 403.250.3722.
- Scratches in the Glass and/or Film: Vehicles older than a year or so will generally have scratches that run up and down on the windows that roll down. This is caused by little pieces of sand and debris that get lodged in between the outside gasket, and the glass. The window goes up, and down, creates tiny scratches that most people never even notice are there. Until they have window film installed on the inside. Installing tint behind these surface scratches makes them stand out more than they did before the vehicle was tinted. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about them. They are simply the effects of time on the vehicle. In some cases (especially vehicles that frequent sandy, or muddy conditions) these grains of sand/dirt will become lodged between the inside gasket and the film, and cause scratches in it. We do not cover this sort of thing on the warranty. Simply because, short of replacing the gasket with a new/clean one, there is no way to cause it from happening again, and again. Keep in mind that this same sand scratches the glass itself, so it will certainly scratch window film. If you have this problem and replace the gasket(s), we will generally replace the tint free of charge the first time.